Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
Explore Oahu's marine life
One of Hawaii's most popular attractions and Oahu's most celebrated nature preserve, Hanauma Bay is a quintessential marine destination, with a thriving ecosystem and beautiful blue waters. Learn about the bay's history and its efforts in preserving and protecting the natural wildlife in the area by visiting the education center before exploring the reef, coral, and underwater marine life on a snorkeling tour. Encounter green sea turtles and wild spinner dolphins on a kayak or swimming expedition or venture out on the bay on a scenic sailing or catamaran ride. Hanauma Bay is a must-visit during your stay on the island and is located less than 30 minutes from the resort.
Distance from hotel: 0.66 miles
- Open Wednesday - Sunday: 6:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Entrance fee: $25 per person
- Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Award-winning Education Center focused on reversing years of overpopulation and destruction of wildlife; required education for first-time visitors
- Ceramic tile murals and artwork
- Marine Highlights: Red Pencil Sea Urchins, Spotted Pufferfish, Pennant Butterflyfish, Oval Squid, Green Sea Turtle, Ornate Butterflyfish & More
- Waikiki Shuttle and organized tours available